February 23, 2009

Embarrasment. (#1 in a series of Dealing with Kristine's Neurotic Tendencies)


I'm deathly afraid of being embarrassed.

I think about all the times its happened -- and I'm not talking about the stupid moments, like that one time I was "freaking" at a High School dance with a boy that I didn't really want to dance with (ugh) and I could swear I felt something that I didn't want to feel, or the time I had copious amounts of food stuck in my braces in front of the boy I liked or even tripping -- but the moments where you just don't want to be let down kind of embarrassed, and I cringe at how easy it is to cringe.. And you secretly turn red and curse under your breath, hoping that this sting of uncontrollable pain could just end, for crying out loud.

The thing I don't get about my insecurities now is that they're a long departure from how I felt in High School.
I'm still as awkward as ever, though.

No comments: