May 15, 2009

Young and Hungry.

(At an attempt to save this sinking ship, Kristine will post more article-y type dealies on this blog instead of writing crap. That's what her Tumblr's for, right?)

As the summer approaches -- or is finally here, but I can't tell thanks to the lack of actual sun as of late -- I've decided to try out a few different approaches to Living in the District(TM).
Since this is the first summer I've stayed in DC during my college career, I want to make the most out of it. I've dubbed summer 2009 my staycation, dedicating the next 3.5/4 months to acting touristy and enjoy DC more than I usually would during the school year, as well as do a bunch of crap to get me to stop being lazy (like this! I'm really blogging, y'all! Weee!).

Fun times include:
  • Going to Farmer's Markets!
  • Cooking actual meals instead of microwaving chicken bakes from Costco (even though they're super delicious)!
  • Visiting every Smithsonian museum, which can prove to be the worst idea ever because of the hordes of youths and mid-west folks surrounding the mall in Washington, DC sweaters and caps. Why the hell are you guys even buying sweaters, it's humid as fuck.
  • Hanging out by the fountain by the sculpture garden on super super hot days!

As of now, the list's kind of jumbled and incomplete...it seems like all I want to do is really cook and take constant trips to the National Mall. I GOTTA FIND A JOB FIRST. MY HUGE PRIORITY.
Gots to get paid, son. I have a feeling that this summer will be amazing and full of lazy. I JUST CONTRADICTED MY EARLIER STATEMENT. YAY.

No comments: